This post contains affiliate links for products we recommend, affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate the site earn from qualifying purchases If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay.
Child Be Safe electrical safety cover solves the problem of young children turning their light switches on and off at bedtime or picking out and removing an electrical safety device. Design is compatible with both wall outlets and light switches with a wide, rectangular modern shape with two screws on the mounting plate. Sturdy and extremely durable, the patented one-piece cover clicks closed over the switch. The safety door opens by pressing all three side buttons at the same time – something a child under five is developmentally unable to do. Easy for adults to open and close with one hand. Keeps wall and island outlets out of sight and out of mind. Visually appealing guard takes just minutes to install and will not damage original plug. Used over a light switch, the Child Be Safe cover eliminates nighttime light antics between siblings who share bedrooms. Encourages the whole family to get a better night’s sleep by keeping the light switch off by cribs and in young children’s bedrooms. No more duct tape over light switches! Protects a switch that controls a TV and eliminates the need for the entire system to restart every time a curious little one flips the switch. Safeguards cats and kids from exploring a garbage disposal switch. Encourages safety and reduces energy usage around gas or electric fireplace switches. Slim, low-profile design works for single switches on kitchen islands and other low switches within a child’s reach. Provides a sleek solution to cover a single switch that controls computers, heating and cooling systems, deep freezers, refrigerators, RV controls, printers and other uses to remind adults and visitors to leave switches in place. Provides a sleek and effective solution for early childhood and daycare settings, grandparents’ house, or a business waiting room with children. Works on both horizontal and vertical switches and outlets. Measures 5″ x 3.25″ x 1″.
- PATENTED DESIGN – Child resistant safety cover for wide, modern light switches and outlets with 2 screws. Durable hinged door clicks closed over the outlet or switch. To open, adults engage all 3 points on the outside edges at the same time. Easy for parents – not for young children up to age 5 or 6 who have not developed the dexterity to push all three buttons in sync. Unique to the baby electrical safety market, patented device deters children, toddlers and pets from outlets and switches
- EASY TO INSTALL – Works with existing screw holes and requires only a flat-head screwdriver to install. Remove the existing plate around the outlet or switch and replace it with a Child Be Safe plate, using the included color-matched screws. Scan the Quick Response (QR) code on the included instructions for an easy installation video. No messy and unreliable adhesives and no damage to existing outlets or switches
- MADE IN USA – Designed, manufactured, and assembled entirely in the USA using American-made parts
- EXPERT DESIGNED – Thoughtfully designed by a Child and Adolescent Psychologist and an Engineer after their own experiences as parents of twins
- SLEEK AND EXTREMELY DURABLE – Slim, low-profile design blends with any décor. Helps protect children and pets without looking clunky. Secure cover fits snugly over switch or outlet and mounts directly to the wall. Will not wiggle or pop off. Safety device is one piece – no loose or separate parts. Hinge is designed for repeated use without snapping or cracking. Even strong-willed toddlers can’t break, remove, or outwit this safety device. Backed by 1 Year Child Be Safe Product Warranty.